Patients can go directly to our emergency department, be referred by their GP or call 000 and ask to be taken to Lake Macquarie Emergency Department for immediate assistance. You do not need an appointment to present to the Emergency Department.
Our department is the only private Emergency Department in the Hunter Region, we are open 24/7, 365 days a year with a team of highly trained doctors and nurses.
We provide rapid emergency care and have access to a wide range of tests, specialists, and treatments with imaging and pathology available 24/7.
Fees and payment
As a private Emergency Department, we are classed as an outpatient clinic and as such there are fees payable for service.
- A $350 out-of-pocket fee applies and is non claimable through Medicare or private health insurance
- There is nil charge for DVA Patients
- Plain film x-rays, CT’s, ultrasounds and blood tests bulk billed
- MRI’s available and will be billed separately by our service provider
Specialities & Services
Acute Cardiac Care
Emergency cardiac situations receive rapid access through our emergency department where a team of experts are on hand to diagnose, treat and manage these conditions as fast as possible.
Additional Specialties include:
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- Minor Trauma
- Workers Compensation
Services NOT Available
- No Aged Care Assessments
- No access to community services
- Psychiatry and Mental Health
- Neurology/ Stroke
- Ear Nose and Throat Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Drug and Alcohol
- Chronic Pain Services
Download our Patient Information brochure